Emergency information and reporting incidents

The University takes reports of incidents very seriously and will act as quickly as possible.

In an emergency, please contact University Security (01509 222141) or the police.

Emergency information

If any person is in serious, immediate danger or there is a crime in progress, call 999.

Try to remain calm and follow the instructions given by the operator.

If the emergency is on campus, inform University Security so they can attend and/or direct emergency services to your location.

Contact University Security on 0800 52 69 66
(or 888 from an internal phone).

Useful links

Police, medical and exams/assessment-related non-emergency link information.

Contacting the police

鶹Ƶ is covered by Leicestershire Constabulary. If you need to contact them to report a crime you should call their non-emergency number 101.

More information including crime-prevention advice is available on the website.

Medical services

For non-emergency medical issues or call 111.

For general practice

For out of hours medical services based at 鶹Ƶ Hospital ().

The Students’ Union pharmacy, , can provide prescriptions and other pharmacy services during term times.

Incidents affecting exams and assessment

In the event of a serious incident that prevents you attending exams, assessment or teaching sessions, you should contact Student Enquiries as soon as it’s practicable to do so.